Softball Saskatchewan is recognized as the Provincial Sport Governing Body responsible for the development/improvement, promotion and regulation of amateur fast-pitch, slo-pitch and modified/orthodox softball in Saskatchewan, within the framework of the Canadian Amateur Softball Association (Softball Canada).
The purpose of Softball Saskatchewan is to develop, lead, promote, invest in and build the sport of softball in Saskatchewan.
Strong leadership and an evidenced based understanding of the needs of our membership has provided the opportunities to participate in all facets of fast pitch, slo-pitch and orthodox/modified softball and a return to 2019 membership levels by the 2024 season.
Fundamental beliefs of Softball Saskatchewan and our members include the following points:
- Softball is athlete/participant centered, parent driven, coach developed, and supported by officials, volunteers, staff, Sask Sport and Softball Canada
- That the game should provide a fun experience for all participants.
- The value of sport in developing life skills, healthy active living and/or achieving excellence.
- Fair and inclusive access.
- Ethical, Respectful and Moral behavior.
- Safe sport and supportive environments free from harassment and abuse
- Long Term Player Development (LTPD) framework and the Athlete Development Matrix (ADM) guides decision making.
- Competitions and programs are designed to increase the growth and development of the sport and improve the quality of experience of all participants.
- Both recreational and competitive streams support softball’s sustainability in communities.
- A willingness for change and flexibility to achieve results.
- Open, effective communication to encourage collaboration.
- Respect of differences and support of others within the organization.
- Recognition, respect and support for the important role of volunteers in softball.
- Effective and efficient organizational governance and financial management.