The Tim Hortons Learn to Play Program (LTP) is a revolutionary way of introducing the sport of softball to children.
LTP ensures children of all skill levels have FUN while improving their fitness levels and developing their Fundamental Movement Skills.
- Ensures children have fun while improving their fitness & developing their skills
- Is action-packed
- Fosters success for all ability levels
- Has easy-to-follow lesson plans for new & experienced coaches
- Contains activities and lead up games that are patterned after informal Playground Games
- Gives every child more opportunities to develop softball skills because everyone is Active for every minute of every season
- Is Nationally recognized & approve
Level 1: 5 to 7 Years
One (1) hour per session made up entirely of the prepared lesson plans
Level 2: 7 to 8 Years
45 minutes using prepared lesson plans followed by a 45 minute modified game
Level 3: 9 to 10 Years
30 minutes using the prepared lesson plans followed by a one (1) hour modified game
The Three levels of the Learn To Play program are a progression of skills development. Players are placed into a level based upon age and / or abilities.
LTP has easy to follow lesson plans for parents and volunteer coaches and promises lots of ACTION in a positive environment for all children.
Inside the LTP Manual you will find:
- Prepared lesson plans
- Easy to follow instructions
- Progressions for teaching basic skills
- Lead up games designed to simulate the real game of softball
LTP allows coaches and children to explore the wonderful sport of Softball. Participants will go home happy and will look forward to the next LTP session.
To get your own copy of the LTP Manual, contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-780-9235
The LTP CD-ROM is no longer available for purchase, but will be available for download from
Softball Canada later in 2015.